Wednesday, July 11, 2012

The Blog Lives

For better or worse. I must be honest - since discontinuing this blog in late 2010, I don't consistently follow any blogs. I now rely on Twitter for that. I follow other people who blog. They might follow other blogs. And eventually tweet interesting articles to their followers. I like that. Why? Well, firstly, most people have an instinctual reaction to share something that's interesting and relevant to them. Everyone wants to read (or, nowadays, more like scan) a good article or post, rather than continuously watch what the author is going to say next. Seriously, if you follow celebrity bloggers or even serious newspaper columnists, you have a reality check overdue at your local GP.

Twenty minutes ago, I tried to reimport/restore my original blog posts. Unfortunately, two years ago, I didn't have the foresight to not export my entire blog to my now-fried ex-lease, cheap-as-hell, second-hand HP notebook's shitty hard drive. As an XML file, of course. Which, probably, didn't conform to any W3C standards, let alone NATO protocols for common decency and humanity. That the ignition of the circuitboard nearly singed my eyeballs, and that my 20-odd blog posts went up in pretty blue flames along with the sanctity and sincerity of the words expressed therein, is history.

I will probably be less committed to posting regular entries to this blog than the last. But from that painful truth, that self-admonishment that accompanies it, one thing remains true: dude, nobody gives a fuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment